Frequently Asked Questions
Here you can find frequently asked questions about the WE CARE® Patient Payment Program from Medfinancial. Please note that your provider or medical facility must be participating in the program before you can apply. Please contact us with any additional questions.
- Is this a credit card?
No, this is a loan and not a credit card or line of credit.
- Can I use Medfinancial at multiple healthcare facilities?
Yes; however, each facility must be a Medfinancial partner.
- As a guardian, can I sign my dependents up for Medfinancial?
Yes, and there will be one bill per responsible party.
- Is there a credit check?
No, everyone is approved for the WE CARE® Patient Program.
- Is there a limit that I can borrow?
Yes, the stated limit is $15,000 for each responsible party.
- Will I receive notice in the event I am late?
Yes, Medfinancial will notify you when your payment becomes late.
- Can I add to an already existing account?
Yes, you may take another loan with Medfinancial as long as the amount does not exceed $15,000.
- What are my payment options?
12 – 60 month repayment options are available based on the patient’s balance.
- Can I pay my bill to the provider?
No, once you have signed the agreement with Medfinancial you need to continue paying Medfinancial until the loan has been satisfied.
- Can I set up automatic payments?
Yes, AutoPay allows you to make your payments by automatically deducting them each month from a checking or savings account that you designate.
- What happens if I can't fulfill my obligation?
Your account will be sent back to the provider, at which point the provider will most likely forward it to a collection agency.